No. of pages: 53
Instant download when purchased
These Social and Cultural Geography Journal Article Summaries cover 6 topics in depth. These include Poverty and Social Exclusion, Geographies of Age, Gender and Sexualities and more, with multiple subtopics inside each of the main topic areas (see full list of topics below). It has been tailored to cater for Geography students of all levels, from any University and has been specifically designed to improve both, the direction of your coursework research and the efficiency of your exam revision.
Add to cart
- Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Davey-Smith, G. , Dorling, D. and M. Shaw (eds) (2001) Poverty, Inequality and Health in Britain, 1800-2000: A Reader. Bristol: Policy.
- Rowntree 1901 – Poverty: A study of town life
- Butler T and Watt P (2007) Understanding social inequality Sage
- Lister, R. (2004) Poverty: Key Concepts. Polity Press, Cambridge
- Geographies of Age
- Geographies of age: thinking relationally – P Hopkins and R Pain (2007)
- Children geographies – S Holloway and G Valentine (2000)
- Ansell N (2009) Childhood and the politics of scale: descaling children’s geographies? Progress in Human Geography 33, 2, 190-209
- Kesby M, Gwanzura-Ottemoller F and Chizororo M 2006 'Theorising other, 'other childhoods': issues emerging from work on HIV in urban and rural Zimbabwe' Chidren's Geographies 4(2), 185-202
- Aitken, S. 2001. Global crises of childhood: Rights, justice and the unchildlike child. Area, 33(2): 119–127
- Del Casino V (2010) Social Geography Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford
- Gender and Sexualities
- The geography of women's fear – Valentine 1989
- Displaced Masculinities: Chavs, Youth and Class in the Post- Industrial City – Nayak 2006
- Geographies of Class
- Bottero, Wendy, ‘Chapter 3: Founding ideas’ in Stratification: Social Division and Inequality (Abingdon: Routledge, 2005).
- Emily Thornberry MP’s tweet from Rochester, 20 November (2014).
- Freeman, Hadley, ‘Come on Britain, it’s the 21st century. Stop this obsession with social class’, Guardian, 26 October (2014).
- Geographies of Race and Racism
- Hall, S. (1997) Representation: Cultural Representations and Signifying Practices
- Changing social divisions: class, gender and race – Bradley in social and cultural forms of modernity – Bocock and Thompson 1992
- Geographies of distinction: Gentrification and Stigmatisation
- ‘The new gilded ghettoes: the geodemographics of the super-rich’, Discover Society, R. Burrows (2013).
- ‘The secret garden? Elite metropolitan geographies in the contemporary UK’, Sociological Review 63(2)- N, Cunningham. & M, Savage – 2015
- From London to Mumbai and back again: Gentrification and public policy in comparative perspective – Harris 2008
- Three cheers for gentrification – Duany 2001
- New-build gentrification: Its Histories, Trajectories, and Critical Geographies – Davidson and Lees 2010
- Gentrification and Social Mixing: Towards an Inclusive Urban Renaissance?- Loretta Lees
- Spoiled Mixture: Where Does State-led `Positive' Gentrification End? – Davidson 2008 45 2385
- Loretta less – the urban injustices of labours new urban renewal the case of the Aylesbury estate in London
There is too much unnecessary waffle in textbooks and too much detail on the wrong topics in journals. Our study guides are both concise and detailed in the topics relevant to you, saving you the hassle of wading through stacks of information to find what you need.
There are so many articles out there, finding the most relevant and up to date research can be a struggle. Having study guides written by the best students gives you the direction you need to answer any question on the topics you are studying.
It’s so easy work really hard, only to realise you’ve learned the wrong information. Our study guides are written by the top 1% of students from the best Universities in the UK. Understanding what these students are researching and learning enables you to focus on the most important information.
These Geographies of Crisis Journal Article Summaries covers 5 topics in depth. These include General Crisis, Energy Crisis, Financial Crisis ...
These Feminist Geographies Journal Article Summaries cover 28 articles in depth. It has been tailored to cater for Geograp ...
This Political Geography study guide covers 6 topics in depth. These include Citizenship, Unfree Labour, Power and more, with multiple su ...
This Environment and Society study guide covers 10 topics in depth. These include Gender, identity and resources, Living in the Anthropoc ...
This Social and Cultural Geography study guide covers 5 topics in depth. These include Poverty and Social Exclusion, Geographies of Age, Geographie ...
This Human Geography study guide covers 2 topics in depth. These include Landscapes and Middle East Cities, with multiple subtopics ...
This Glaciers and Glaciation study guide covers 16 topics in depth. These include Glaciers Constrained by Topography, Present Distribution of ...
These Political Geography Journal Article Summaries cover 3 topics in depth. These include Fanon, Foucault & Arendt, Unfree ...